May 3, 2016
How do change and innovation really take root?
This playlist is trying to get you to think about that hard thing called change! By understanding how change happens, especially in complex systems, and how change and innovation interact, we hope you will develop more concrete plans for scaffolding the change process for yourself, students, staff, and everyone in your community.
Read, Watch, and Listen
Improvement v. Innovation
Change management 101
Community organizing, power dynamics, and lasting change
Innovation, disruption, and organizational culture
- What is disruptive innovation
- Disruptive innovation and education
- How to create a culture of innovation
- How Ideo designers help companies accept change
- Is yours a learning organization?
- Build a tower, build a team
- Revisit your canvas and consider:
- What is change management? What is innovation? What is their relationship to one another?
- How might an organizational culture encourage or inhibit innovation?
- What does the research tell us about the conditions necessary for innovation to take root?
- How do individual leaders spark innovation and make it stick?
Transcend supports communities to create and spread extraordinary, equitable learning environments.