Schoolwide Wellbeing: Moving Beyond a Zero-Sum Mindset
As the school year comes to a close, school and district leaders are grappling with how to support and retain their staff while also implementing high-impact strategies to meet students’ needs. The pandemic has caused many of us to wonder how we might rethink the teaching profession to ensure it is both sustainable and rewarding. But what happens when the strategies to improve the educator experience come into tension with our goals and systems for students? How can we support teachers and keep students at the center of our work? It doesn’t have to be a zero-sum trade-off.
Join us for a roundtable discussion with panelists from education organizations working alongside schools to improve adult wellbeing in service of student success.
Featured panelists & organizations:
- Nicola Fleischer, moderator, edwell
- Megan Marcus, panelist, FuelEd
- Wenimo Okoya, panelist, Healing Schools Project
- Megan McCormick, panelist, WISE
- Marisol Pineda Conde, panelist, The Teaching Well
- Nakeyshia Kendall Williams, panelist, MindCatcher